Greater London Chess Club
SUMMER RAPIDPLAY TOURNAMENT
Open to all players
Five-round Swiss Tournaments
OPEN, MAJOR (U-160ECF / U1900FIDE)
and MINOR (U-120ECF / U-1600FIDE)
Prizes in each section: 1st £50, 2nd £25
ECF Graded and FIDE Rated
Saturday 1 July 2017
Upper Vestry House, St George's
6 Little Russell Street, London WC1A 2HR
Directions to venue
Doors open from 10am.
Entries on the day accepted before 10.15am.
Tea and coffee available throughout the day.
10.30 Round 1
11.45 Round 2
12.45 Lunch break
13.30 Round 3
14.45 Round 4
16.00 Round 5
17.15 Prize giving
- FIDE Laws of Chess (2017) apply, unless otherwise stated.
- Mobile phones must be switched off at all times during play.
If a player has a specific reason for keeping their phone on,
they should make this known to the controller at the start of
the tournament. Otherwise, if a player's phone rings or makes
a noise during play they shall lose the game.
- If a player makes an illegal move their opponent shall be awarded
1 extra minute. On a second illegal move the player shall lose
- Players not arriving at the board within 10 minutes of the start
of a round shall be defaulted. Their opponent shall be re-paired
- Entry is deemed acceptance that the controller's decision is
final in all matters.
Rate of play
25 minutes + 5 second increment per player per game.
Grading / Rating
- The most recently published ECF grades will be used. Rapidplay
grades take precedence over standardplay.
- The most recently published FIDE ratings will be used. Rapid
ratings take precedence over standard ratings. Blitz ratings will
not be used.
- If a player has an ECF grading and a FIDE Rating, both must
meet the grade / rating limits for the Minor or Major sections.
- If a player does not have a current grade or rating they should
provide evidence of playing strength. In the Minor and Major sections
ungraded or unrated players may only win one third the value of
any cash prize. GLCC club members exempted from this rule.
- Any grade / rating conversions will be made using the formula
((FIDE - 700) / 7.5 = ECF or (National Elo - 600) / 8 = ECF.
- All results will be submitted for ECF Rapidplay grading and
FIDE Rapid rating. It is a condition of entry that players agree
to their grading and rating data being published in the ECF and
FIDE online databases.
How to enter
Online - complete and submit the form below
by 8pm on Friday 30 June 2017 and pay your entry fee
by 10.15am on the day of the tournament. Online entries after
8pm on Friday 30 June will be treated as on-the-day entries
and a £5 surcharge applies.
On the day before 10.15am, space
permitting. You will need to provide the information requested
in the entry form below. £5 surcharge applies to non-GLCC
members. Cash or cheque payment only.
Players need to hold Silver, Gold or Platinum ECF membership
otherwise a £7 (£5 for juniors) ECF pay to play
All enquiries to Nigel Blades, tournament controller, tel 020
8580 5872 or email email@example.com
ONLINE ENTRY FORM
Public Service LeagueClub
Greater London Chess Club